Cleaner if you can use a class on the links. Assume they now have class "dataReveal".

i=1;
$(".dataReveal").each(function () {
        var actOnElem = "#dataToReveal" +i;
           $(this).click( function() {
           $(actOnElem).slideDown();
            return false;
         });
         i++;
     });

olsch01 wrote:
OK, I guess this is one possible solution:

$('a[id^=dataRevealLink]').each(function(){
		var eventElemId = $(this).attr('id');
		var eventElemIdNo = eventElemId.substring(14, eventElemId.length);
		var actOnElem = $('#dataToReveal' +eventElemIdNo);
		$(this).click(function() {
			actOnElem.slideDown();
			return false;
		})