Very nice! I'd been playing with something along these lines but it's
really buggy (and I'm lazy). Kudos for the 'classname' option. I much
prefer to specify a 'loading' image with CSS than to pass the filename
to a JS object. And it doesn't require dimensions (mine does). I'll
quietly retire my little experiment now.