I'm using jquery validation to validate and submit all my forms.

The submitHandler of jquery validation uses jquery form plugin to
submit the form using $(form).ajaxSubmit()

Without validation, you can use $(form).ajaxForm(...) to submit your
form using ajax, and this will also send the value of the button which
caused the submit.

With validation, I have to use ajaxSubmit, instead of ajaxForm, but
ajaxSubmit can not automatically add the value of the submit button to
the POST values.

Is there a generic way, to find out in the submitHandler of jquery
validation, which button was pressed that caused the submit ?