Does anyone have some references or samples on auto-submitting forms
using AJAX and the form plugin?

I currently have an accessible UI slider which has a select field, as
you move the slider the select field changes to the according option.
What I'm trying to achieve is whenever the select field has been
changed, the form auto-submits itself using AJAX.

I have tried using the following code but it doesn't work:

$("#speed").change(function() {
        $("#slider").submit();
});

This is the HTML code: