There is a form that performs a post on our site that I need to insert
an "onclick" call to perform some logging using $.get() , but the call
is never executed because the form posts before the call can be
executed.  I believe this because if I insert an alert("test") after
that call, it works, otherwise it doesn't.

I thought to pull the submission out into a separate function that is
called from "onclick=" that would execute my new $.get and then do the
form post with $.post, and finish with exit(false) so the form html
doesn't post again, but the $.post is only an ajax call and I also
need it to redirect the browser to a new document location.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!