pretty sure you'll figure solutions out, perhaps absolute position the sub nav so it doesn't push page up and down might look better. Or hover over main nav container to push down the sub nav area, would keep that area until you move away from nav completely

alexrogahn wrote:
To explain a little more: When I move from one navigational element to
the next the animation restarts, I was wondering if there was a way I
could stop this happening so that the sub-nav stays down, until I move
off the navigation completely or a navigational element which doesn't
activate the sub-nav. I did manage to achieve this by making two divs
above and below and beside the navigation bar and then setting a
jQuery function like this:
$("#div1, #div2, #nav_off").hover(function() {
		$("#sub_nav").slideUp(200);
		$("#wrap").animate ({ 'marginTop' : '30px' }, 200);
});

However I concluded that it was a little too unsemantic and that there
must be a better way of achieving my goal, if there isn't then I guess
I'm going to have to go with that method.

By the way I've altered the jQuery code so it works with the following
plugin http://blog.threedubmedia.com/2008/08/eventspecialhover.html.
Just so the sub-nav doesn't go off if the user just quickly moves over
the navigation without the intention of actually clicking it.

I've uploaded the site here http://tutshelf.com/TutShelf_Beta/

You can find links to sourcefiles in the source code, but if your lazy
just got to here: http://tutshelf.com/TutShelf_Beta/js/stuff.js and
for the CSS here: http://tutshelf.com/TutShelf_Beta/style.css

I couldn't get the code to work with JSBin, sorry :(