On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Brett Ritter <swift...@swiftone.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:11 AM, PictureMan<polskystud...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It works great in FF, but not in IE!!! What can I do to fix? There's
> > too much code to post online. But I can tell you about it's
> > conctruction..  It's a mix of ColdFusioin and JQuery.
> > }};
> > }};
> > </script>
>
> The above endings are syntax errors, but I'll assume that's the result
> of hand-copying...
>
> ...In other news, if you are running ColdFusion to dynamically
> generate the JS, why not just dynamically set the form elements in the
> first place?  Just curious.
>
> Otherwise:
>
> 1) Define "not in IE".  What is the behavior you observe?
> 2) Check the generated HTML that results.
> 3) Try to pare down the generated HTML into a small example that
> easily demonstrates the problem.
>
> Generally in the course of #3, a great many problems are discovered
> and fixed.  If not, you'll have a simple example that will be much
> easier to get help with.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> --
> Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
> swift...@swiftone.org

Changing the form's values to dynamic will work, but I don't know if it will
fixt the problem.. will give that a try.

Since posting I've removed the Coldfusion's dynamic  CFFORM (as it also adds
javascript to the page, and thought it may be effecting the jquery some
how.  I also striped down a page to it's bare element.  Same results.

I've even extracted the HTML that is sent to the browser and saved that as a
html file and tested. Same issues, validates in FF, and No valildation in
IE.

In Firefox the jquery validation works - input boxes or check boxes that are
invalid or are required get checked, causing jquery error messags to appear.

In IE 7 -- there is NO validation happening what so ever, the submit button
simply sends the form to the next page (in this case a page that processes
the form's contents and does a DB update.

I can attach the trimed down html version, but it is around 850 lines of
code.  Or attach a zip file with the scripts being used.

Please advise..and thanks!