hi,

i use jquery and calling my service function by using jQuery ajax. it
works fine in IE and return data in json format but when i run this in
firefox this method is not call means ajax method call is not called
in firefox. where is problem in code here is my code

my service is host on remote server.

function InsertList() {
    var list = new Array();

    list.push({
        Name: 'John',
        Designation: 'Associate Consultant'
    }, {
        Name: 'David',
        Designation: 'Senior Consultant'
    });

    var json = Sys.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.serialize(list);

    $.ajax({
        url: 'http://localhost:3162/VirtualService/RestService.svc/
InsertList',
        type: 'PUT',
        contentType: 'application/json;charset=utf-8',
        data: json,
        success: function(response) {
            $('#divResult').html(response.text);