Thanks, Scott, for the reply.

The space separated class info is great!

Actually, the hot spots in the beta do carry the ajaxify behavior, loading
their links in the right hand column.

And I just discovered they work even if the page that holds the image and
the image map does not reference any of the necessary scripts.

So that's the good news.  And along with your space-separated list tip I'm
making progress.

But I still need to get a tooltip that works when the page containing the
image and the image map is ajax-ed in...

Thoughts?