I don't know that you can use a filter the way you're trying to (using the
colon in #logo:a).

Filters are more like tr:first (matches the first <tr> element), tr:odd
(matches odd-numbered table rows.. good for zebra-striping)...

See the sections about the various types of filters at
http://docs.jquery.com/Selectors.

As far as your issue...

the 'a' in question is a child of the #logo element, so you'd want

$('#logo > a').click(function() { });

http://docs.jquery.com/Selectors/child#parentchild

--
I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.