First off, if that super simple example did not work, then you are not
property including the library correctly

instead of

<script type="text/javascript" src="../Scripts/jquery.js" ></script>

try this instead

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/
libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.js"></script>

if that works, then you know that your <script> block is incorrectly
pointing to the library file

As for intellisense... you fail to mention which version of Studio you
are using, but the intellisense part is only working (and rest assured
*it does work) with VS2008 and the appropriate patches (Service Pack 1
and a hotfix file) installed...  and the file needs to end in "-
vsdoc.js", not "-vsdoc2.js" which I have no idea where you got that
link from