Here's twp blog posts to help out

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2008/11/21/jquery-intellisense-in-vs-2008.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2008/11/18/jscript-intellisense-faq.aspx

Also, just some personal experience:

To get around the MasterPage issue, which sadly rebases all URL's
*except* for JavaScript includes:

Something like this works great:

<head>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="/JS/jquery.js"></script>

   <asp:Literal id="DoNotGenerate" runat="server" visible="false">
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../JS/jquery.js"></script>
   </asp:Literal>
</head>

The first one is for the sake of the generated HTML, the second one is
for Intellisense to work inside VS as you're working, when it comes
time to generate the HTML, that doesn't get put out as well

Any time you see some error in VS's error about "childnodes", this is
an additional plugin or include file that VS cannot understand, hereby
breaking the Intellisense feature.... the fix:  use the "-vsdoc.js"
functionality to "skip" that file

So for instance, jQuery UI core breaks Intellisense in VS (well, 1.6
at least used to, I haven't bothered to try 1.7 to see if it doesn't),
so while I have in my "JS" folder the file "jqueryui-core.js", I
*also* have a file, a blank file, named "jqueryui-core-vsdoc.js"..
this causes VS to skip right over that file for determining the
Intellisense feature, and thereby keeping it intact for files that do
work  :-)

Screen Shot:
http://i29.tinypic.com/25qya6b.jpg