Hi-

In a form, I'm trying to validate a field when they move off it. But
this causes a problem when the field has the focus and they click a
button to process the form. In this case, only the field's blur event
(or change event) gets fired and nothing for the button click event.

Seems like a reasonable thing to want to do, so I figure I'm missing
something in they way I've coded this. Any suggestions?

 Here's the very simple code that exhibits the behavior:

<head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="./js/jquery.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

        $(document).ready( function() {
                $('#id1').blur( function() {
                        alert('blur in id1');
                });

                $('#id2').click( function() {
                        alert('click in id2');
        </script>
</head>

        <input type="text" value="Sample Text" name="id1" id="id1" />
        <input type="button" name="Finish" value="Finish" id="id2" />