On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM, ldexterldesign
<m...@ldexterldesign.co.uk> wrote:
> browser and serve up a load of new CSS. Opera doesn't support negative
> vertical span margins, so I'm gonna have to reduce the font-size of
> some text.

And there you have a focus: You don't want to detect Opera, you want
to detect whether a browser supports negative vertical span margins.

I don't know which clause will do that :), but that's what you're
looking to do. That way your code will continue to work as desired in
the future when Opera address this issue and/or when another browser
displays the same issue.

--
Brett Ritter / SwiftOne
swift...@swiftone.org