Actually, after reading over your post again, it looks like what you
need is to set autoBuffering: false
autoBuffering: false will prevent the media from loading until the
play button it presses.  It differs from autoPlay: false which simply
prevents it from player, but buffers anyhow.

So, your code may look something like this. You can add in and define
a host of different options.

flowplayer("player", 'http://www.your-website.com/path-to-flowplayer/
flowplayer-3.1.3.swf', {
        clip: {
                url: path-to-your-media,
                autoPlay: false,
                autoBuffering: false, //<-- THIS IS YOUR GOLDEN NUGGET
                seekableOnBegin: true
                },
        plugins: {            // load one or more plugins
                controls: {            // load the controls plugin
                url: 'path-to-controls-plugin/flowplayer.controls-3.1.3.swf',
                backgroundColor: '#927150',
                timeBgColor: '#000000',
                progressGradient: 'low',
                height: 20,