From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of MorningZ
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 11:19 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: getJSON callback not firing?

"the method as "post", occasionally venturing to use "get" when just
retrieving data,  just to see what might happen.nothing different. "

Wow, really?  knowing the difference between GET an POST are pretty
fundamental things to know as a programmer

http://www.google.com/search?q=get+vs+post

It's very important to understand the difference as browsers (mainly
IE) have issues with GET in some cases, and all browsers handle
caching differently between the two

On Sep 25, 6:28 pm, "Rick Faircloth" <r...@whitestonemedia.com> wrote:
> Hang in there, Charlie!
>
> My head was very bloody from banging it against the wall when I first
> started
>
> down the AJAX road.  Now I'm finally getting some work done with it!  I
> almost
>
> gave up several times.
>
> fwiw, I have always used the $.ajax method without any problems and
> typically specify
>
> the method as "post", occasionally venturing to use "get" when just
> retrieving data,
>
> just to see what might happen.nothing different.
>
> (and actually, I recognized that censored expression, having been there!
:o)

> Rick

'data.cfc?method=getPlayerByID&returnformat=JSON&queryformat=column&playerID
> =' + this.id,
>             function(data) {
>                 alert('i %!%##%* hate you');
>             });
>         return false;
>     });
>
> });
>
> Here's the response I receive:

{"ROWCOUNT":1,"COLUMNS":["PLAYERID","PLAYERNAME","PLAYERNUMBER","PLAYERPOSIT

ION","PLAYERIMG","PLAYERCOLLEGE"],"DATA":{"PlayerID":[1],"PlayerName":["Bard
> en,

Ramses"],"PlayerNumber":[13],"PlayerPosition":["WR"],"PlayerImg":["http:\/\/

assets.giants.com\/uploads\/players\/2FE2D3BDF4FB443D949D1D39B69ADC03.gif"],