I don't like them, but they're useful for applications where there are
"compositional" dialog-like things, such as email or email-like
applications, or maybe a blog. It's nice to be able to warn people
that they're about to dump all their typing on the floor.  But I agree
that when possible it's better to design around the need for such
things.

--
Turtle, turtle, on the ground,
Pink and shiny, turn around.