This doesn't make any sense.

You have a <script> tag that loads jQuery:

<script src="/Scripts/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The GET that the browser issues for this <script> tag will not have a query
string. The browser isn't going to add a query string to the URL you give
it, intermittently or otherwise.

How could ajaxOptions affect this? That is code you run *after* loading
jQuery.

Are you loading a second copy of jquery-1.3.2.min.js in an Ajax request or
something?

A failed Ajax call wouldn't cause another copy of jQuery to be loaded,
unless you somehow do that somewhere in your code.

-Mike