Hello,

I'm trying to make a basic, "dynamic" link color fader. Since I have
multiple link colors for different classes and divisions and such, I'm
trying to make it "dynamic." To do so I need to grab the original
color and the hover color. Here is my code:

// Fading links
$('a').hover(
        // Over
        function(){
                var original_cl = $('a:link',this).css('color');
                var fade_cl = $('a:hover',this).css('color');
                alert('Original color: '+original_cl+'; Fade color: '+fade_cl);
        },
        // Out
        function(){

        }
);

Both colors come as undefined; experimentation tells that using
"a:link" or "a:hover" as the selector is invalid. How can I grab these
colors in context?

Thanks,
Steven