Howdy!

In my app, I have a file upload form that submits to an iframe, with
the server returning an XML document. Though I am able to consume this
XML using jQuery in Firefox 3.5 and Chrome 4 without issue, the same
code fails in Internet Explorer 8. The relevant snippet of my code
follows:

$('iframe#destination').load(function() {
  var response = $(this).contents();
  console.log(response.find('mediaurl').text());
});

IE 8 doesn't produce an error, but simply fails to locate the element,
even when I am certain that it is present. I'm unsure as to exactly
what IE 8 parses -- reading response[0].childNodes seems to indicate
that IE thinks the document is HTML, but I cannot find anything beyond
this. (Neither IE 8's Developer Tools nor Firebug Lite seem to offer
the interrogative power of Firebug proper.) I've tried serving my
response with as both application/xml and text/xml, but it makes no
difference.

Am I doing anything wrong? If not, how can I work around this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff