> I built a site for a client and somewhere along the line, I added some
> code that slowed down the jQuery performance.  I thought it was my
> crusty old laptop, but my brand new quad core PC also shows the
> animations quite slowly and choppily.  Thus, the problem is with my
> code.

The Firebug profiler might help, I ran it on the page but it's hard to
tell what's being called because it's using the minified version of
jQuery.

It looks like you are doing two animations simultaneously in the
accordion:

$('.panel.active').animate( { width:"0"}, { queue:false, duration:752,
easing:'linear' });
//$('.panel.active').hide(500);
$('.panel.active').removeClass('active');
$('.panel[rel=' + rel +']').addClass('active');
$('.panel.active').animate( { width:"860px" }, { queue:false, duration:
750, easing:'linear' });

Did you want to do that?