2009/11/10 Savageman <savagema...@gmail.com>

> About .get(0), Firebug keeps telling me: "$(el).parents("div").get
> (0).addClass is not a function"

Sorry, I tested with .eq(0) instead of .get(0) which returns the pure DOM
element instead of a jQuery magic-array wrapping the element.

> I still find strange (that eventually gonna change :D) to add the
> possibility to match a specified selector in the .parent() method if
> it only applies to the direct parent... I don't really need all the
> parents here, so it may be more efficient having a method that stops
> looping through parents when the one we want is found. I guess I still
> can use .parent().parent().parent() as I know the <div> should be the
> third parent, but that would require change in the javacscript if i
> want to change the HTML structure...

If you don't need all the parents, use .parents('div:first') or
.parents('div').eq(0) as you've found out it's the jQuery way.

I may even be so bold as to add you might like to try
.closest()<http://docs.jquery.com/Traversing/closest>which is quite
handy to find "the closest matching element this included".

Have fun.

Michel Belleville