I don't know much about Jquery or javascript for that matter.  I
apologize in advance for the noobieness of my question.

I have the easing plugin on a site, which make a logo come in from the
side and 'bounce' into place.

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(function(){
        $('#newThread').css({left:'1200px'})
        jQuery.easing.def = ‘easeOutBounce’;
        setTimeout(animate, 500);
    });

    function animate()
    {
        $('#newThread').animate({left:0}, 2000);
    }
</script>

I believe this code sets the default ease as 'easeOutBounce'.  My
problem is this is affecting all my other jquery animations and they
are all bouncing.

One example is the following:

<script type='text/javascript'>
        SmokeEffect.imgLocation = "URL";
        SmokeEffect.smokeWidth = 80;
        SmokeEffect.smokeHeight = 45;
SmokeEffect.makeEffect("smokeSpawnPoint", 216, 0);
</script>

This creates the animation of a puff of smoke being released from a
chimney.  Unfortunately, the smoke cloud 'bounces'.

As I said, I don't know much about this stuff, but I've tried to add
this...
$(element).slideUp(1000, method, callback});

and this...

$(element).slideUp({
        duration: 1000,
        easing: method,
        complete: callback});
to the second code (and the first), but I haven't been able to solve
the problem.

Can someone please help me solve this and be very specific as to the
steps I have to take.

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated.