Hi,

There could be a lot of reasons behind the inconsistent behaviour.

1.) Are these inputs being added to the DOM dynamically, i.e. at runtime ?
If so have you ensured that your updating the values at the right times ?
2.) Are the fields part of the form that you submit ? At all times ?
3.) Are you sure that the variables c_chosen_id & cat_name have been updated
appropriately as per your needs before you set the values of the inputs ?

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruva Sagar.