You don't need the language="javascript" in the script tag; that isn't the
problem.

There is an extra comma at the end of the object literal in your
infiniteCarousel({...}) call. See if removing that helps.

Note that $(document).ready(function() { ... }); and $(function() { ... });
mean exactly the same thing. You may want to pick one form or the other for
consistency. And no need to have two separate ones (although no harm done
either).

-Mike