On Nov 29, 8:21 pm, breadwild <breadw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen several examples on jQuery plugin sites that have the
> I thought it was supposed to go.

"Supposed to go" is a subjective consideration.  The rationale for
putting it at the bottom of the body is a fairly simple, and fairly
persuasive, argument about performance.  A nice short version of that
is here:

    http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#js_bottom

The rationale for putting it in the head is really one about being
unobtrusive.  If JavaScript is used unobtrusively, then JS is never
plain data, but always metadata.  And the head is the place for
metadata.

I almost always choose the latter, because it simply feels cleaner to
me.  But I'm not dogmatic and if your CMS makes it more practical to
put in the body, then go with that.  There is one real advantage in
jQuery to using the bottom of the body.  At that point, the DOM is
already loaded, and you can run without putting everything inside a $
(document).ready() function.

  -- Scott