a simple css rule you can add is

.sf-menu li.sfHover > a {color:....}

superfish adds the sfHover class to active LI's ( parent and children) . Using ">" only affects immediate child links of the sfHover class. IE 6 doesn't support this I believe

jq wrote:
does anyone know how to make the text link color of a superfish menu
remain highlighted when navigating to its submenus?

I have a menu where you see the link text only (not the background).

I can only get the list item background to remain onhover, but not the
enclosed link color.

Maybe this is a css question: can I change the color of a link inside
a list item by hovering over the list item but not the link.

any pointers would be helpful

thanks

jq