On Dec 15, 8:37 am, Henjo <henjohoek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to put alerts in and find where it broke in IE. IE can't
> seem to handle a chained ajax request. I broke the chain in part and
> than it worked fine.

Great!

Could you post in a bit more detail what you had to change to get it
to work in IE?  Searching these forums is a great way for people to
solve their own problems.

> I fiddled around with your code for a while but couldn't get that to
> work. It sure seems a better approach to the code, and I will rethink
> mine in order to make it more generic and maintainable.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have posted that much without posting
something closer to a working example.  Although I think the
techniques are sound, there might well be issues I had not even
considered.  My biggest concern with your technique really is just the
level of nesting.  When you're already nested so deeply, it might get
tricky to go further.

I do have one UI suggestion for this control.  There is no "Undo"
mechanism.  You can't say "Wait, I meant De-misting!"  But you have
the 1 -2 - 3 step images.  If you turned those into links for previous
state, it would be quite useful.

> I value your help and the time you took to post back on this. I take
> to heart what you wrote and it helped me getting a better
> understanding of how this works.

Good.  I spent much more time typing that up than I meant to.  I
thought I'd dash off a quick alternative for you.  A long time later I
was still trying to fill in the details.  I should either have trimmed
it down or followed it through all the way.  I'm glad that it was at
least food for thought.

Good luck on your project.

  -- Scott