but what would be the point?

say you got jQuery down to 10k in size....  that leaves 15k left for
images and HTML and etc, it's just going to hit that limit and purge
the cache anyways.....  but just a few requests sooner

keep with the minified and gzipped version to keep the data sent
across the connection to a minimum...    ripping apart the library
just doesn't seem worth the payoff, which isn't much anyways....