On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM, parot <russ...@parotkefalonia.com> wrote:
> I want to scroll back and forward through the months on a calendar without
> refreshing the page. I have the php calendar, but I don't want any page
> refresh which I can do with PHP and just send the GET to the page.  so
> ideally what I need is 2 links back and forward with the month variable i.e.
> 1-12 (Jan - Dec) passed to JQury/Ajax. I have been looking at a number of
> scripts, but all to far complex (i.e. do more than I need) just I cant
> fathom out how to pass Back (Jan go to Dec) or Forward (Jan go to Feb) and
> so on. just need 1 month at a time, nothing fancy etc.

How's about something like this?

<button id="prevMonth">Previous month</button>
<button id="nextMonth">Next month</button>

<script type="text/javascript">
var currentMonth = 1;
function loadMonth(newMonth) {
   $("#calendar").load("getCalendar.php?m="+newMonth);
}
$().ready(function() {
   loadMonth(currentMonth);
   $("button#prevMonth").click(function() { loadMonth(--currentMonth); });
   $("button#nextMonth").click(function() { loadMonth(++currentMonth); });
});
</script>