Problems are usually accompanied by session counts in the ballpark of
1200-1400.  We typically use a 512MB heap and our session timeout is 30 mins.
(Would be way longer if the customer had their way).

Yes, we monitor the metrics.  We are not seeing any unusual spikes in the
session count before GC starts failing.  On one of our lower-traffic sites,
lowering the session timeout has all but cured the problem.

We are going to look at how we can off-load some of the baggage in our
sessions, but I was wondering if those session-swapping elements might help
act as a pressure-relief valve and prevent heap memory overload.

thanks

-Chris

--
Chris Boyce