On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:17 AM, jemptymethod <jemptymet...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jan 1, 10:08 am, jmulligan <jason.mulli...@avoidwork.com> wrote:
> > I do something similar with my lib (http://github.com/avoidwork/
> > abaaso) that's under dev. It works well, but you can't use private and
> > public. they're reserved.
>
> That's why I slap "$" on front of private and public.

Instead of $ (dollar) prefix, you could also _ (underscore) prefix private
methods. That way you don't have to artificially grow your (public) method
names with php-like ugliness. I personally use the $ prefix for variables
returned by libraries like jquery or prototype. To easily distinct those
from regular dom (or other) vars.

I think the underscore is kind of the js-way, but I don't really have
anything to back that up so somebody might correct me on the issue :)

Whenever I see $ prefixed vars, and they're not clearly used to distinct var
contents, I usually suspect a php user. Especially if they don't use `var`
:p

- peter