On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:28 AM, foldi <foldifoldi.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to understand something about setInterval. When running the
> following in FF3, the time it takes to execute the interval's function
> does not take longer than the 30ms specified for the interval.
> However, it takes longer than 30ms to for the interval to run again.
> Where is the extra time going? Is there always some overhead to
> running a setInterval? Thanks.

Certain browsers have a minimal interval at which timers can be called. For
example, firefox has 10ms intervals. So timers simply can't be called faster
than ten times per second.
I don't know for others (including fx4, maybe they changed it) but I'm sure
somebody else has a table with these details somewhere :)

- peter