On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Peter van der Zee <jsment...@qfox.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Robin Campbell Joy <jsment...@robinjoy.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Do you have a source for this?
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.setTimeout#Minimum_delay_and_timeout_nesting
> - peter

Thank you.

According to the documentation setInterval should have the same
minimum delay as setTimeout. Still the test shows that sometimes the
function is called faster than the documented minimum delay.
Afaik Safari throttles setTimeout to 10ms once they detected that the
timeout is called in a loop. I couldn't find anything in the
documentation for Firefox but that would explain the execution of the
function in less than 10ms for the first executions.
Still I cannot come up with an explanation why the calls occasionally
are faster than 10ms after a few thousand calls. Does anyone knows
what is going on here?

- Robin