Derek,

I am also reading the Javascript Patterns book. Now that I think about it I
ready messages from this group as much or more than I read books. What I like
is reading the book (JP) to learn theory then applying the contcepts/patterns
to a project I am working on. Since I am still learning design patterns it's a
great book to make sense of the patterns within the concept of a language, js,
that I understand. When I run into a question about applying a pattern it's
great to know that I can post and discuss with this group. I just quit my day
job so, peers in the next cube will be only found in a chat window soon. I hope
to become active in this group as I will likely need the feedback from the
group during my new endeavor as an independent contractor.

Best Regards,

-Bill Heaton
@pixelhandler