How come I didn't see this option ?, thanks Matthias, this could help me to track down the error... I'll check it out.

Thanks

On 24/01/11 12:15, Matthias Reuter wrote:
I was wondering, is there any way I can find out about the latest error even though this one was caught by a try/catch block, which I don't have control over ?, for instance:

/***********************/
// this try/catch block is somewhere in a library I'm using
try {
     throw 'something causing and error';
} catch (e) {}

// ...
// can I know at this point about "e" ?
// ...

The problem is that an error is being caught somewhere in the code (which is concealing the error), causing unexpected behavior but I don't know what is causing this.

If you use chrome for example, in the developer tool's script pane there is this icon to toggle between "Don't pause on exceptions", "Pause on all exceptions" and "Pause on uncaught exceptions". I guess, the second option is what you need.

Matt