On May 23, 10:08 pm, Rey Bango <reyba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it does Rob.

All this top-posting. Presumably that is in replying to:

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:53 AM, RobG <rg...@iinet.net.au> wrote:
[...]
> > There is nothing in the JSMentors Google Groups profile that links to
> > the page with those rules, perhaps that is an oversight?
>
> > <URL:http://jsmentors.com/>

To which the response was:

> On the JSMentors homepage, we clearly outline what's
> acceptable topics for discussion:
>
> http://jsmentors.com/

Now where did I see that link before...

> We had this on the Google Group's welcome page but unfortunately Google
> removed that welcome page for all Google Groups.

So saying "There is nothing in the JSMentors Google Groups profile
that links to the page with those rules" is correct, and replying with
"Actually, it does" is not. A reply placed *below* trimmed quotes of
what was being replied to would have made that obvious.

It would have been a reasonable alternative to post a link to the
rules when the poster quoted them.

> So the bottom line is that discussions need to remain technical. Garrett's
> original post was not technical and was a personal opinion piece which is
> not relevant to this group.

There were no insults, the language was quite cordial. The post seemed
quite factual and technically related: the OP posted technical
Those responses were (apparently) removed without explanation.

That is worth noting here just as it's worth noting that a published
work contains errors that have not been corrected, or where
corrections have been suggested to the author or publisher but not
included in subsequent editions.

It would have been better if the actual issues had been posted in the
OP, but that was done in a following post.

--
Rob