Try adding these four lines immediately before the debug.log() call inside
the wrapper function (the one that fails):

console.log( _debug );
console.log( window.debug );
console.log( debug );
console.log( debug.toString() );

That may lead to this interesting idea... What if you change these lines:

 var _debug = new Debugger();
 window.debug = _debug;

to:

 debug = new Debugger();