On 22 August 2011 04:37, David G. Hong <david.g.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it is perfectly clear to everyone that, the purpose of this program
> can be achieved without both `regex` and `eval`, thus rendering them
> useless.

The purpose of this program was to show that there is a general way to
access all of the private variables in a closure in a safe way,
without having to provide accessors for each variable. Yes, in most
cases it would be *much* better to expose the variables via accessors,
but my point was to show that there is another way. I wasn't saying we
should use that way, just that it's possible, as a curiosity. To quote
myself: "I'm not suggesting using it in production code, just thought
it was a nice idea :)" [I think when people see `eval` a switch
triggers in their brain and they go into survival mode]
--
Nick Morgan
http://skilldrick.co.uk