*Garren*: I really wanted to do it that way, I began with
http://documentcloud.github.com/backbone/examples/todos/index.html as a
template. Which is pretty much as you described.

However because this differs in that I have a favourites and flickr results
which both have "click img" to preview, and "click span.active" to
add/remove from favourites. I found I was duplicating a lot of the same
code in both the PictureView and within the App View, which felt wrong so I
put it back into the generic AppView (a view will only work with one
backend model/collection as far as I understand).

Certain features I understand and i'm a fan of, like event delegates and
templating. Although Models and Collections are convoluted and deeply
engrained in the AppView so not really modular coding, perhaps more white
elephant. (this is a cry for help, and not a rude diss).

*Johannes*: thats a little to abstract for my mind to take in right now.
but thanks.