i would say the opposite: for long term maintainability, is better to not rely
on a third party library to perform such a simple task. Also, we should use
more ES5, since also m$ endorsed it, writing polyfills when/if necessary.

var nodes = document.querySelectorAll('#x tr.zebra')
,   i = 0
,   node

while ( node = nodes[ i++ ] )
   node.classList.remove('zebra')