The idea is to separate application logic from presentation, partly for reasons of
skill-set separation, and partly for reason of better modularization/encapsulation and
looser coupling (in other words, better architecture).  Using lots of  <%'s mean
you're mixing application logic with presentation issues, which for most people is a
bad idea.

cc

"Kirkdorffer, Daniel" wrote:

> Why should the usage of <% %> and <%=  %> be discouraged?
>
> Dan
>
> > ----------

begin:vcard
n:Cobb;Christopher