                From:   Foster Bob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Friday, April 30, 1999 4:36 AM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        Re: The JSP 1.0 Specification is now in
Public Review!

                Yes, I like it, too.

                Bob

                Bob Foster
                Symantec Internet Tools  http://www.visualcafe.com/

_________________________________
                Subject: Re: The JSP 1.0 Specification is now in Public
Review!
                Author:  Nic Wise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at Internet
                Date:    4/30/99 2:23 PM

                Very true, but as a member of the 'other' camp (I use
                only scriptlets), I have to say:

                <booming US boxing announcer voice>
                IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it!
                </booming US boxing announcer voice>

                But, in all seriousness, the JSP team have NO way of
pleasing everyone,
                but I, for one, AM pleased. A little too much XML-type
stuff for
                my taste, but I'm not forced to use it, which I _love_.

                Thanks people. A bit on the late side, but _I_ think its
worth it :)

                Nic.

                (yes, this is my opinion, not that of my employer
(Inprise New Zealand))

                Taggart Gorman wrote:

                > The understatement of the century:
                >
                > "A fair amount of changes have happened between 0.92
and 1.0."
                >         - JSP 1.0 Prelim Spec
                >
                > Looks like the question of <LOOP> and <DISPLAY> tags
versus scriplets has
                > been answered for 1.0 - those of us who believe in no
Java code in their
                > HTML pages are out of luck until 1.1.
                >
                > And the processRequest "machinery" has postponed, too?
I've been completely
                > wiped out.

Connie Weiss
                > > Sent: Thursday, April 29, 1999 5:08 PM