Access, IMHO, is a dangerous bit of software when used badly. I think as
long as you keep it on the backend and resident on the web server, with
only the servlets accessing it, you should be OK. As far as stable,
multi-user databases go, steer well clear of Access. Go SQL Server or,
if you are of the Unix tilt, PostgreSQL (free and potent!) or MySQL. The
various open source RDBMS (well, MySQL and Postgres might be GPL'ed or
something similar) have JDBC drivers (types III and IV usually) which
would perhaps be more stable than the ODBC bridge (if not more stable,
offering more functionality perhaps).

HTH,
Joe.

"Curi, Miguel E (Miguel)" wrote:

> Thanks all! Changing the ODBC to system DSN worked! That was really fast to
> fix.... thanks.
>
> Now, David, I am planning on having some amount of activity in the database
> since is an application to be use in an intranet for a group of 16 people
> who are going to be constantly accessing data from their browsers. What do
> you suggest I use to prevent problems with the bridge? Is this going to be
> ok using Access as the database engine?

 ,-._|\  | Joe Shevland
/      \ | Principal Consultant
\_,--._/ | Turnaround Solutions Pty. Ltd.
      v  | http://www.TurnAround.com.au