I have no ideea how JRun parse the JSP file and what code it generates,
but keep in mind that Java VM has some (well documented) limitations.

>From Virtual Machine Spec:
- 64k entries in constant pool ( that means the count of strings you can
use in out.println(), plus all other constants < 64k )
- 64k as the size of a method ( that mean the service() method can't have
unlimited number of instructions )
- constant string limit is 64k (bytes - not characters!).
That may explain the 32K ( since Unicode chars are ~ 2 bytes - sometimes).
( it's not the limit of a String - just constant String )

Of course, I have no ideea how do they parse the JSP file ( since this is
what it seems to fail), or if they try to read the file in a String to
simplify parsing.

Anyway, it's important to keep in mind that some limitations exists, and
big jsp files may show them. ( but I can't belive 32k is big enough ).

Regards,
Costin