I am in the process of converting from JSP .92 to 1.0 and have run into
a problem.

We have a jsp page with the following code:

<head>
</head>
<%@ page import="java.util.Date" %>
.
.
.
<% Date tempDate = new Date(); %>
.
.
.

When I request the page I get a compile error saying that Date is not a
valid class.  At first I thought this was a classpath problem, but if I
change the line to read: <% java.util.Date tempDate = new java.util.Date
%>, the page compiles.

Has anyone run into any problems using the import option on the page
directive?