Hi !

We work on an integration of the JSWDK into the Homesite 4.0.1 environment
and we are pretty far now. The problem is that each time I show the page and
there is a compilation error, I need to switch back to the console window of
the JSWDK server to view the error. Under Win95 this is a nightmare because
often even the stacktrace is moving the actual error message out of the
window.

I thought about the following solutions:

1. Create an error page for compile- and runtime errors. But this seems to
work only for runtime errors, not for compile time errors. I think of
something like JServ, where the whole output is sent to the browser and can
be seen by the user.

2. Create a Windows application which redirects the output of the console
window into an edit field in another window. I know this is working but the
first approach would be much easier.

The first approach is much easier for the developer and for the user. Has
someone got an errorpage for compilation errors running ?

Michael Rumpf