Hey Mike,

> Hi all,
>         Is anybody actively using the SJSP 1.1 implementation? I'm getting
> ready to prototype a design of a new architecture for my company's web
> site. I'd like to use the custom tag feature of JSP 1.1, and this seems
> to be the only currently available implementation of the JSP 1.1 spec.
> Is there anything I should be aware of?

I have yet to actually try SJSP 1.1 but note that it doesn't provide a servlet
engine, but works together with other. The problem is that since JSP 1.1 is using
the Servlet 2.2 API as the foundation for its semantics you would want to use a
Servlet 2.2 compliant engine, and those are not available yet.

I know that some engines (for example Orion, www.orionserver.com) are close to JSP
1.1 and Servlet 2.2 but they're being slowed down by Sun not yet posting the core
classes needed.

Actually Orion is basically Servlet 2.2 compliant, all that's missing is a few
SSL-related issues.

Cheers,
Karl Avedal