Hey Stepan,

> > I have yet to actually try SJSP 1.1 but note that it doesn't provide a servlet
> > engine, but works together with other. The problem is that since JSP 1.1 is using
> > the Servlet 2.2 API as the foundation for its semantics you would want to use a
> > Servlet 2.2 compliant engine, and those are not available yet.
>
> SJSP 1.1 brings JSP 1.1 to sevlet engines supporting servlet api 2.0 and above. You
> can use *ALL* JSP 1.1 features (include, forward, ...). SJSP has several interesting
> features (e.g. compile-time introspection to generate optimized implementation
> classes).
> You can play with JSP 1.1 and custom tags right now.

If you have implemented all JSP 1.1 features to work with 2.0 Servlet engines, how are
you handling concepts that are introduced in JSP 1.1/Servlet 2.2, like web-applications
(with web-application archives) and response buffers?

What I wonder is if you have implemented web-applications, etc. to work for any 2.0
Servlet engine and in that case, could one use this implementation to use these
features
for normal servlets as well as for JSPs?

Also, while I'm at it, I'm mainly using XML JSP:s and as I understand, SJSP doesn't
support that? Is this false? If not, will you support it soon?

Anyways, seems like you've done some good work with SJSP, I'll definately try it out.
Are you working on it alone?

Cheers,
Karl Avedal