From: Mike Cannon-Brookes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 10:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: jsp:setproperty not a string?

I'm having problems using jsp:setproperty when the property I'm setting is
not a string?

eg:
        <jsp:useBean id="textarea" class="com.sfbeans.DeluxeTextareaBean"
scope="request">
                <jsp:setProperty name="textarea" property="request"
value=request/>
        </jsp:useBean>

does NOT set the request property of the bean to the current request object.

but this :
        <jsp:useBean id="textarea" class="com.sfbeans.DeluxeTextareaBean"
scope="request"/>
        <% textarea.setRequest(request); %>

works fine ?

How can I set a property using <jsp:setProperty> when it's not a string? ;)

Cheers,
Mike

 __
|  | The BookmarkBox
|  | http://www.bookmarkbox.com
|/\| Manage and share your bookmarks online!

Have you seen our new forums? http://www.bookmarkbox.com/ubbcgi
Share your bookmarking with others and get helpful tips!